ABOUT MERCY CORPS:
Mercy Corps is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible. In disaster, in hardship, in more than 40 countries around the world, we partner to put bold solutions into action, helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities now, and for the future.
Mercy Corps has worked in Jordan since 2003 to implement a variety of programs funded by global public institutions, as well as private donors to meet the urgent needs of vulnerable populations, build cohesive and civically engaged communities, and increase inclusive economic opportunities. Mercy Corps’ current portfolio in Jordan focuses on three domains: resilient individuals, strong communities and governance, and environmentally sustainable and inclusive economic growth. Mercy Corps integrates crosscutting themes of youth, gender equality and empowerment, governance, natural resource management and technology.
The Promoting the Voice and Leadership of Women Activity (PVLW) is a five-year activity that will create transformational changes in gender relations at the family, community, and national levels to enhance gender equality and advance women’s leadership in Jordan. This will be achieved through:
1) strengthening the enabling environment and institutional capacity and addressing structural barriers for women to fully exercise their rights, express their agency and freely lead and participate in society without restrictions;
2) partnering with local stakeholders to counter prevailing prohibitive social norms that perpetuate gender inequality, undermine women’s agency to exercise their rights, and prevent transformative change in gender relations; and
3) advancing the inclusive and transparent leadership and decision-making participation of girls and women.
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY:
The Capacity Building Coordinator position is part of the Capacity Building and Social Behavior Change and Communications (SBC) Collaborative Team in the PVLW Activity. The Capacity Building Coordinator will work in close collaboration and coordination with the PVLW consortium team members to identify capacity strengthening needs of their staff, and partners from civil society and community based organizations. The Capacity Building Coordinator is responsible for monitoring subgrants and subgrantees activities to ensure compliance with terms and conditions of the subgrant agreements. The Capacity Building Coordinator is also responsible for tracking sub grants and sub grantees workplans and timelines to ensure timely submission of deliverables. In addition, the Capacity Building Coordinator will support the Communications and Behavior Change Team Lead in integrating PVLW SBC strategies and messages in subgrantees deliverables and campaigns.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
PARTNERSHIP AND CAPACITY STRENGTHENING
– Provide inputs into the capacity strengthening plans and strategies for participants, stakeholders, staff, and partners to advance knowledge and skills in SBCC and other specialty areas as needed.
INFLUENCE AND REPRESENTATION
– Document and share learnings and best practices from this program to be shared both internally and externally.
– Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Mercy Corps and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission.
– Other duties as assigned.
As part of our commitment to organizational learning and in support of our understanding that learning organizations are more effective, efficient and relevant to the communities they serve – we expect all team members to commit 5% of their time to learning activities that benefit Mercy Corps as well as themselves.
Accountability to Beneficiaries
Mercy Corps team members are expected to support all efforts towards accountability, specifically to our beneficiaries and to international standards guiding international relief and development work, while actively engaging beneficiary communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field projects.
– SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: Capacity Building Assistant
– REPORTS DIRECTLY TO: Communications and Behavior Change Team Lead
– WORKS DIRECTLY WITH: Communications and Behavior Change Team Lead, Capacity Building Assistant, Gender & Inclusion Coordinator, Gender Capacity Building Specialist, PVLW technical leads, PVLW consortium partners, Mercy Corps Technical Support Unit, Mercy Corps Jordan Program Performance and Quality Director
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
– Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
– A minimum of five years related experience in implementing technical and organizational capacity strengthening programs.
– Experience in building the capacity of non-governmental partners to influence change.
– Knowledge of activities, methods, and technologies used in capacity strengthening field, especially in supporting multiple stakeholders needs.
– Demonstrate flexibility, adaptability and the ability to perform and collaborate under challenging conditions.
– Experience in monitoring and supervising the work of subgrantees.
– Experience in women and girls empowerment, gender-based violence, community mobilization, or social behavior change programs is preferred.
– Understanding and knowledge of USAID regulations and program administration, management, and reporting procedures and systems is preferred.
– Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Excel and Word and ability to use information technology as a tool and resource.
– Fluency in both Arabic and English (written and spoken).
A successful candidate will have a demonstrated ability to coordinate and communicate effectively with team members and other stakeholders of varied work styles and cultures, follow procedures and meet deadlines with flexibility and creativity in planning and problem solving. This position requires an ability to think creatively about changing norms that lead to greater opportunities for women’s engagement and leadership at household, community and institutional levels. They will have a proven ability to learn quickly, multi-task, prioritize, take initiative, and be accountable for results, understand the larger picture while remaining focused on the details, problem solving, work within a complex and sensitive setting and to follow laws and security protocols. The most successful Mercy Corps team members have a strong commitment to teamwork and accountability, thrive in evolving and changing environments and make effective written and verbal communication a priority in all situations.
MERCY CORPS DIVERSITY STATEMENT
Achieving our mission begins with how we build our team and work together. Through our commitment to enriching our organization with people of different origins, beliefs, backgrounds, and ways of thinking, we are better able to leverage the collective power of our teams and solve the world’s most complex challenges. We strive for a culture of trust and respect, where everyone contributes their perspectives and authentic selves, reaches their potential as individuals and teams, and collaborates to do the best work of their lives. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a journey, and we are committed to learning, listening and evolving to become more diverse, equitable and inclusive than we are today.
SAFEGUARDING & ETHICS
Mercy Corps is committed to ensuring that all individuals we come into contact with through our work, whether team members, community members, program participants or others, are treated with respect and dignity. We are committed to the core principles regarding prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse laid out by the UN Secretary General and IASC. We will not tolerate child abuse, sexual exploitation, abuse, or harassment by or of our team members. As part of our commitment to a safe and inclusive work environment, team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner, respect local laws and customs, and to adhere to Mercy Corps Code of Conduct Policies and values at all times.
About Mercy Corps Mercy Corps is powered by the belief that a better world is possible. To do this, we...Apply For This Job
Position: Communications Officer Department: Programs Location: Amman with frequent travel to field Reports to: Awards and Partnership Manager Dotted Line/if...Apply For This Job
World Vision International Join and be part of a global relief, development and advocacy NGO, dedicated to work with children,...Apply For This Job
Job Description and Requirements The “Support to the Rule of Law in Jordan” Project in Jordan is seeking a “Rule...Apply For This Job
JOIN OUR TEAM Stars Group is a leading fashion retail company that operates award-winning brands such as (GEOX, SKECHERS,...Apply For This Job
Job Description and Requirements SRO- Risk & Compliance Coordinator – National Position Applicants are only considered if holding a Jordanian...Apply For This Job