1. Purpose of the Position:
Reporting to, guided and directed by the CEO, the Programmes Director is responsible for:
1. Strategic and Thought Leadership and Representation
(a) Provide overall strategic and technical leadership in the design, development, planning, budgeting, and implementation of Programmes.
(b) Contribute to the strategic direction of the organization.
(c) Support the CEO on strategic engagement with donors and identify fundraising strategies that benefit the organization.
(d) Participate in the annual budget process, leading the programme budgeting process, and provide ongoing oversight and management of programme budgets
(e) Representation of GFP in high level gathering, meetings, conferences as assigned by the CEO.
2. Programmes Department staff management and development
(a) Provide high quality leadership, mentoring and support to Programme Managers, and Senior Programmes Officers.
(b) Supervise Programmes Department staff, on their recruitment, induction, development, and performance appraisal.
(c) Ensure an efficient and relevant staffing structure and lead structural change processes when necessary.
3. Leading programme development and delivery
(a) Set Programme priorities and assign countries/programmes to different Programmes Department Staff members.
(b) Ensure the delivery of programmes with demonstrable impact and show accountability for overall programme quality.
(c) Develop, implement and embed, a knowledge management system, that will ensure the sharing of knowledge across the programmes globally.
(d) In liaison with Institutional Learning Department, lead on ensuring programme adaptation based on feedback and recommendation.
(e) Oversee the development of programme improvement plans, to ensure effective and timely implementation of programmes
(f) Oversee and track Programmes Department budget according to GFP annual budget.
4. Grant and proposal development, and donors reporting
(a) Lead on coordination of Programmes Department inputs to proposals, presentations and reports to Donors and Partners, GFP Board/General Assembly, etc.
(b) Ensure regular flow of high-quality information to feed Communications and Donor/Partner reporting.
5. Promoting and supporting horizontal learning across Programmes Department Staff and Delegates/Pioneers.
(a) Lead on the development and implementation of horizontal processes across all programmes.
6. Establishing and nurturing effective partnerships with Local Partner Organisations
(a) Establish and nurture effective partnerships with Local Partner Organisations for every programme in the assigned countries, for enhanced local capacity, strengthened local administration, greater sustainability and cost-effectiveness.
(b) Lead on the assessments of Local Partner Organisations in the assigned countries.
7. Participate as a member of the Senior Management Team, working and coordinate across other departments to contribute to overall organisational effectiveness.
(a) Represent the Programmes Department in Senior Management Team, providing reports, assessments, ideas, recommendations as inputs to strategic and annual planning, budget plans, policies and procedures.
(b) Participate in Programmes Strategy Team meetings (with CEO, Institute Director, and Director for Institutional Learning).
(c) Lead Programmes Department inputs into curriculum and competency development with Institute Director and Director for Institutional Learning
(d) Lead Programmes Department inputs into research, thought leadership and policy advocacy with Institute Director and Development & Partnerships Director & USA Representative
(e) Lead Programmes Department inputs into Media For Peace development
(f) Lead Programmes Department inputs into GFP’s strategic engagement in the USA, with GFP USA Representative
3. Key Results Areas:
• Contribution to Senior Management Team
• Leadership and development of each member of Programmes Department
• Quality of Programmes Department inputs to new Programme proposals
• Quality of Programmes Department inputs on reports to Donors, Partners, GFP Board
• Quality of relationships and agreements with Donors and Local Partner Organisations
• Quality of relationships between Programmes Department and other Departments
• Continuous learning, programme adjustment and improvement
• Personal development
4. Generations For Peace Values:
• Leadership: demonstrating leadership and fostering leadership in others, both within the Programmes Department and with Delegates and Pioneers in the field.
• Respect & Tolerance: showing respect and tolerance for all, within the Programmes Department, within the wider GFP office, with Programme Partners, and with Delegates and Pioneers in the field.
• Empowerment & Teamwork: supporting Programmes Department members and Delegates and Pioneers in the field, through proactive delegation skills and coaching and guidance to empower them and encourage creativity, use of initiative, and positive participation in team work.
• Responsibility: demonstrating and encouraging responsibility, accountability and transparency, professionalism, care and diligence in respect of all people and property, and the brand and reputation of the organisation; seeking quality, effectiveness, sustainability, efficiency and good value for money; to maximise positive impact whilst minimising risk.
5. Education, Qualifications, Competences, Skills Required:
• University Bachelor Degree essential, preferably in a relevant discipline.
• Master’s Degree or Post-graduate qualifications in a relevant discipline.
• At least twelve years’ professional experience.
• At least nine years’ experience of leading a team and proven ability to inspire, motivate, mentor and support team members.
• Experience in strategic planning, annual planning, and budgeting, and tracking progress.
• Experience in devising, assessing and adjusting policies and procedures.
• Experience in managing volunteer-led community programmes.
• Experience in conflict transformation and peace building programmes.
• Experience in programme design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation.
• Experience establishing and developing partnerships with organisations.
• Experience in training and facilitation.
• Experience in mentoring others.
• Experience in curriculum development.
• Experience of working in a multi-cultural team.
• Ability to manage multiple concurrent priorities and work under pressure.
• Ability to reflect, learn, and improve, and experience in using feedback processes for learning.
• Excellent computer skills (documents/spreadsheets/databases/presentations/calendars/email).
• Excellent spoken and written English, including written programme plans and reports.
• Interest in global current affairs, conflict resolution, peace building & international development.
• Demonstrated knowledge of different theories of conflict transformation and social change
• Experience in international development especially community development and behaviour change programming is useful but not essential.
• Experience in different forms of evaluation, including participatory evaluation, participatory video, most significant change, is useful but not essential.
• Experience in sport-based approached to behaviour change is useful but not essential.
• Experience in arts-based approached to behaviour change is useful but not essential.
• Experience in dialogue approaches for conflict transformation is useful but not essential.
• Experience in advocacy for community-led change is useful but not essential.
• Experience in event management is useful but not essential.
• Travel and experience working in other countries.
• Other languages (e.g. Arabic, French, Russian, local languages) are an advantage.
Candidates are encouraged to apply before the deadline 30 July 2022
M&E Role and Responsibilities: Develop projects’ logical framework and KPIs based on donors’ requirements. Manage the monitoring activities and tracking...Apply For This Job
we are looking to recruit a Leasing & Collection officer in Zarqa & Amman site with the following qualifications: Bachelor’s degree...Apply For This Job
We are looking to add another member to our supply chain team that is in charge of purchasing, procurement, shipping...Apply For This Job
International Medical Corps never asks job applicants for a fee, payment, or other monetary transaction. If you are asked for money...Apply For This Job
JOB PURPOSE The key responsibilities of this position are to maintain financial control of the day-to-day operations within finance functions...Apply For This Job
Establishes and maintains professional and courteous customer service related communication with internal clients and external vendors and escalates to management...Apply For This Job